Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Project Assistant –Circular Economy Initiative
Reports to: Programme Coordinator – Circular Economy Initiative
Location: Kwale County, Kenya
I. Position Summary:
Plastic waste is choking our planet – polluting the air, water, and soil. As this crisis spreads to every corner of the globe, WWF is leading the charge to help reimagine how we source, design, dispose of, and reuse the plastic materials communities most depend upon. WWF is fighting for a world with no plastic in nature by 2030. The initiative works under the three pillars of promoting business innovation, support cities’ transition to plastic smart cities and work with governments to develop policies that promote a plastics circular economy.
II. Major Function:
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer- Circular Economy the project assistant will be required to provide support to the DMDP project and other initiatives supporting the delivery of the Circular Economy Initiative within WWF Kenya’s Coastal Kenya Programme.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with plastics circular economy initiative Programme Officer to develop and implement WWF-Kenya’s plastics circular economy strategy
- Develop reports based on specific project implementation outputs
- Establish good working relationships with local communities and their leaders to support the implementation of this initiative
- In collaboration with WWF-Kenya Communications Unit, contribute to periodic publications and features on community engagement
- Under the guidance of the Programme Officer, support implementation of project activities, prepare quality and timely work plans, budgets and technical progress reports.
- Support the Programme Officer to organize relevant meetings.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Plastics Circular Economy Initiative Programme Coordinator and the Coastal Kenya programme Manager
- In all activities ensure, and support others to uphold WWF’s social policies https://wwf.panda.org/our_work/people/people_and_conservation/wwf_social_policies/.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical engineering/Natural Resources/Environmental Management, Project Management or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to work with rural and urban communities and other organizations
- At least 2 years work experience in project management, experience in the waste management field is an added advantage
- Good analytical and communication skills both verbal and writing, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and delivering community development projects will be added advantage.
- Agile, self-starter with an ability to work autonomously
Adherence to WWF Kenya’s core values, which are: Credible, Responsive, Innovative, Determined, Inspiring & Collaborative.
How to apply?
For more details please see attached job descriptions and apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the Head of People & Culture, WWF-Kenya: email@example.com to be received not later than 27th September 2020. We will not accept applications without a CV and covering letter.