Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Port Facility Supervisor, you will be responsible for operating heavy mobile equipment in a safe and efficient manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage. It’s worth noting that Mining Operations is a physically strenuous and demanding job where individuals will be operating heavy equipment and working in all weather.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Operating heavy mobile equipment (Loader) in a safe and effective manner in order to achieve targets, minimize risks, prevent property damage and loss of life.
- Operating of all heavy equipment according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Performing daily pre-start check lists effectively, keeping machines clean and reporting any defects or damage.
- Promoting a safe working environment.
- Demonstrating initiative and motivation.
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and be required to have:
- A Certificate/Trade qualification as a Plant Operator from a recognized institution.
- A valid Driver’s License (Class G) with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in operating heavy equipment in accordance with relevant local Licence requirements.
- Normal hearing to operate radio communications equipment.
- Good understanding of workplace Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Competence in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Multi skilled operation of large dozers, graders, dumps trucks, loaders and excavators will be an added advantage
- Exposure/Understanding of Port Operations will be an added advantage
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply to the Port Facility Supervisor online at http://www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 8th October 2020.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to complete a practical and written assessment and attend an oral interview.
Base is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.