Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Transformation Leadership Office
Division: Business Process and Information Management
Location / Work station: Nairobi or Other Regional Office
Supervisor: GIS/NAS Information and Data Management
- To support the authority’s GIS operational framework and initiatives for assigned portfolio(s) and work with all relevant stakeholders to understand GIS technology opportunities, needs and challenges to meet the organization’s strategic goals and objectives
1. KRA’s GIS-centric solutions implementation
- Envision, design, and deliver GIS-centric solutions which deliver value in terms of automation, efficiency or improved IT controls
- Oversee all phases of project from conception to completion, including scope changes, and keep end user engaged through communicating relevant project information
- Analyze, review and document the requirements of a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Translate project documents, including reports and project specific business rules into technical specification document for development by internal or external resources.
2. Organizational GIS Framework operationalization
- Support adoption and execution of the defined GIS framework within the authority
- Participate in cross-functional GIS work, liaising with stakeholders to understand to understand GIS technology opportunities, needs and challenges.
- Apply spatial thinking and advanced knowledge of specialized GIS software on assigned GIS projects/initiatives
- Deliver GIS-centric projects that align with technology standards to deliver business value.
- Leverage IT in support of the overall business strategy.
3. Adhere to GIS Services Performance Measures
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using standard project management tools and methods.
- Adhere to established work schedule and work/meetings attendance standards
- Manage the activities of third party software companies in delivery of IT solutions
- Complete assigned GIS projects/initiatives in conjunction with relevant stakeholders within the planned scope, schedule and budget
4. Support Organization GIS Capacity Development
- Support delivery of continuous GIS strategy and awareness across business units
- Support provision of training programs on GIS framework and standards to relevant staff as required.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations
- Embed best practices on assigned initiatives/projects
5. Stakeholder and Quality Management
- Build customer confidence to increase customer satisfaction by setting achievable customer expectations and responding to inquiries/solving customer problems in a timely manner.
- Follow-up to meet commitments to internal customers, solicit opinions and ideas from the business and incorporate the same into GIS solutions delivered.
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts and business process engineers to understand and document business needs and issues
- Serve as team representative at designated meetings and respond to questions/tasks related to GIS initiatives
- Maintain quality standards in all GIS projects/Initiatives
- Undertake post-implementation quality audits
- Participate in planning and scheduling of internal audits as required; follow-ups on corrective actions and preparation of any required audit reports for GIS services and products
- Supports implementation of KRA’s vision and mission
- Contribute to Division’s/Unit’s mandate by accomplishing related results as needed
- Complete all assigned tasks to ensure timely delivery
- Comply with HR requirements on staff policy guidelines and requirements
- Maintain employee confidence and protects KRA assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential
Academic and Professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geospatial Information System, Geomatics Engineering or related field of study or relevant experience
- Project Management training or experience
Relevant work experience required
- Four (4) years’ experience in GIS Technology including project management and business analysis of which one (1) should be at Supervisory Level.
- Relevant experience in use of technical tools for delivering geospatial solutions
- Practical experience in relevant MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- A good understanding of technology.
- Good Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Good business awareness and analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills with ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without supervision
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proactive and Solutions Oriented
- Lateral Thinker and Team Player
- Quality Orientation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public
- Fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya’s Constitution 2010 on Leadership and Integrity
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 8th October 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.