Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Transformation Leadership Office
Division: Business Process and Information Management
Location / Work station: Nairobi or Other Regional Office
Supervisor: Chief Manager – Business Process & Information Management
Supervisee: GIS Assistant Manager
- To set-up and manage the Organization’s GIS operational framework working with all relevant stakeholders to understand GIS technology opportunities, needs and challenges to meet the organization’s strategic goals and objectives
1. KRA’s GIS Framework Set-up and Management
- Set up KRA’s GIS Framework
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to guide GIS operations.
- Plan and budget for all GIS activities relating to the program specifically, managing all contracts, developing, and tracking all budgets
- Secure funding and manage all aspects of these activities
- Ensure accomplishment of KRA’s GIS mission in a timely and cost effective manner.
2. Operationalize KRA’s GIS Management Framework
- Manage day-day to GIS operations, including organizing, planning, directing and controlling.
- Management of personnel assigned to GIS Teams and their activities to ensure quality of required output.
- Ensure the quality of GIS products and services (e.g. standards development).
- Investigate and propose future GIS Team activities.
- Provide an interface between IT and GIS staff.
3. GIS Services Performance Monitoring
- Monitor the performance of the products and services provided by the GIS Team including throughput and turnaround time.
- Evaluate technological advances and promote usage of appropriate technology and applications among various end-users.
- Oversee GIS data analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and new processes
- Identify gaps and arising business threats and identify effective solutions for automated and non-automated components of impacted processes
- Co-ordinate interface and utilization of data within IT.
- Make periodic reports to management on GIS activities.
4. Capacity Development
- Define and execute continuous organizational GIS strategy across identified business areas
- Facilitate and/or manage GIS related projects/initiatives.
- Hire and train GIS Team staff.
- Coach; mentor and guide GIS analysis staff on range and choice of industry techniques and approach
- Monitor performance of all GIS Team members.
5. Stakeholder and Quality Management
- Ensure customer confidence and monitoring of customer satisfaction by ensuring the GIS teams sets achievable customer expectations and respond to inquiries/resolves customer issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure commitments to internal customers are met and opinions and ideas from the business incorporated into delivered GIS solutions.
- Oversee collaborations with business subject matter experts and business process engineers to understand and document business needs and issues
- Promote GIS Team to the organization and market it to user departments through presentations, preparation of brochures, visits to business areas etc.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained in all GIS projects/Initiatives
- Liase with Unit Leadership to co-ordinate planning and scheduling of internal audits tasks touching on GIS initiatives when required; follow-ups on corrective actions and preparation of any required audit reports.
- Oversee post-implementation quality audits requests on GIS initiatives
- Support implementation of KRA’s vision and mission
- Contribute to Division’s/Unit’s mandate by accomplishing related results as needed
- Oversee completion of all assigned tasks to ensure timely delivery
- Comply with HR requirements on staff policy guidelines and requirements
- Maintain employee confidence and protects KRA assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential
- Any additional duties as assigned
Academic and Professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geospatial Information System, Geomatics Engineering, Geospatial Engineering, Surveying and photogrammetry.
- Proficiency with Project Management and relevant Project Management tools
Relevant work experience required
- Five (5) years progressive experience in GIS Technology including project management and business analysis of which two (2) should be at First Level Management.
- Relevant experience in use of technical tools for delivering geospatial solutions
- Practical experience in relevant MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent understanding of technology
- Well-developed leadership and project management skills
- Excellent business awareness and analytical skills
- Outstanding Organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong logical and strategic thinker
- A team player with the ability to navigate large, complex organizations
- Quality management skills
- Ability to be provide proactive and innovative/creative solutions to issues
- Fulfil Chapter Six of Kenya’s Constitution 2010 Requirements on Leadership and Integrity
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 8th October 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.