Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance),
Salary: KES 40,000 Monthly,
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job
The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and reconciling accounting ledgers and balance sheets in accordance with Ankole Grill Policies, Procedures and Standards laid out by Management to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer care.
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate policies regulations and laws.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries of direct invoices per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Paying suppliers; Verify approval on all invoices, scheduling and preparing checks per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Verifies Supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain an up to date daily recording of transactions and input data into the accounting system.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Filing statutory returns, VAT, WHT tax, Catering Levy, NSSF, NHIF HELB, and PAYE.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Involve in preparation of financial reports and management reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of company data.
- In addition to the above, the Accountant may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting Diploma or Certificate in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- CPA K / ACCA
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the Hospitality industry in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment
- Hospitality certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Good reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Financial/P&L and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Be tech savvy and have a good working knowledge of various computer software programs MS Office, Receiving Software, Inventory system, Micros POS QuickBooks, Quickpayroll.
- Customer service oriented with a positive, energetic, and outgoing can-do attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 11th October 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.