Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance),
Salary: KES 30,000,
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job
The Stores Clerk will be responsible for the receiving, storing and issuing all goods purchased, facilitating the buying of required items that are not in stock and maintaining records of all stores operations in accordance Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Receives deliveries by checking; Quantity, Specifications and Price
- Ensures the arrangement of all goods received are put into the storage area according to the FIFO principle:
- Receive and post-delivery notes and invoices on the Inventory system).
- Issues the goods against authorized requisition.
- Appraises the performances of all the regular suppliers and submits appraisal reports to the management accountant every three months.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Resolve discrepancies noted in received goods immediately.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage to goods
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only.
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries per Ankole Grill guidelines
- Conduct spot checks and advises the procurement department on minimum, reorder and maximum levels
- Responsible for stores cleanliness, tidiness and ensure the stores are well illuminated
- Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items and must follow the Hygiene standards.
- In addition to the above, the stores assistant may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- A Diploma in Stores Management or Purchases and Supplies Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Registered member of CIPS / KSM
- Good computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word. Receiving Software, Inventory system QuickBooks & Micros POS
- Hospitality certification is a plus,
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Able to work under pressure and long hours
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 11th October 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.