Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Akili Dada
Akili Dada is an international, award-winning leadership incubator cultivating transformative and adoptive leadership, in a generation of young African women. We apply a holistic approach to educating and cultivating leadership in adolescent girls and young women, ages 13 – 35,
employing four key strategies to nurture growth and meaningful impact: Financial Investment, Leadership Development, Feminist Movement Building, Advocacy, And Mentorship.
By selecting from and building the capacity of some of Africa’s most innovative young women, we are meeting the urgent need for more African women in leadership as well as the overarching need for creative and empathetic leadership that holds justice at its core.
Akili Dada is seeking to recruit a Graphic Design Intern, to support the communications team to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of online and offline media.
REPORTS TO THE COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing social media graphics and illustrations that help Akili Dada’s content stand out on social media news feeds
• Design and roll out a wide range of engaging document and presentation templates and layouts for both internal and external communication i.e. slide decks, letter heads etc.
• Designing calls for applications, annual reports, IEC materials, merchandise and other branding and communication materials
• With support of the communications associate, review and update Akili Dada’s Brand and Style Guide to inform a cohesive brand for Akili Dada
• Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
• Communicating with program leads and associates to identify design and communication needs
• Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements where necessary.
THE KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be tracked alongside, specific and measurable deliverables, to be developed collaboratively by your manager and the role incumbent.
• Graphic designing experience
• A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
• Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
• Degree or Diploma in Design, Fine Arts /Diploma in Information Technology
• Experience in Social media management will be an added advantage
Young women are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted on or before 2nd October 2020 via email to email@example.com
All applicants should send a cover letter explaining how they fit into this role and a resume with relevant references.