Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Communication Manager, serving the Amref Health Africa in Kenya Country Office will oversee all internal and external communications for Amref’s Kenya country programme, ensuring its message is consistent and engaging. The role will also be tasked to develop and distribute content to promote Amref Health Africa’s brand, programmes and products within Kenya.
The role will also act as a liaison between the organisation, the public, and the media to ensure that the Amref Health Africa brand is positioned as the premier organisation for lasting health change in Africa.
- Plan, develop and implement communication strategies in liaison with the country programme team and Amref Headquarters;
- Write edit, review and disseminate communication materials to position Amref as a strategic partner and thought leader in the health development space including annual reports, brochures, factsheets, capability statements, website content, project briefs among others
- Manage the positive reputation and brand image of Amref in Kenya and represent Amref’s views and interests to the public through the production of different public awareness materials, targeted to media and various other stakeholders
- Ensure that media efforts at the country office are coordinated and maximised by working closely with the global shared service communications team;
- Ensure targeted donor visibility for all Amref Kenya donors across all Amref communications platforms;
- Take the lead in providing communications support and products for Amref Health Africa in Kenya’s fundraising, proposal development, social enterprise and advocacy efforts;
- Identify and pursue opportunities for partnerships with local media, corporates and like-minded organisations for knowledge sharing, advocacy and fundraising opportunities;
- Support programmes and projects in strategising and implementing communications and public relations activities;
- Capacity building of project teams on communications, review and oversee the development of project communication materials;
- Manage communication on high profile visitors/donors between headquarters and national offices;
- Work closely with the Communication team in the development of communication products, quality control checks, review of market prices vs product quality and usability, development and rollout of service guidelines;
- Manage internal public relations by talking to staff about issues and advising senior management on way and strategies for resolving corporate image issues;
- Manage staff, resources, assets and budget of the department in line with the organisation policy and procedures;
- Work with external partners and key internal colleagues in the communications and programme teams to maximise reach and impact of Amref Health Africa projects and initiatives across various platforms;
- Work closely with the global shared services communications team and the global social media working group to manage the online editorial calendar and to ensure the production of targeted, high-quality content for the website and social media platforms;
- Will be an active member of the Kenya Senior Management Team
- Will be an active member of the Kenya Business Development, Communications and Resource Mobilization (BDCRM) Board Committee
- Will actively represent Communications on the Kenya Programme Technical Team and relevant Ministry of Health technical committees
- Attend and contribute to internal meetings, working groups, training, supervision and the appraisal process
- High level of energy, commitment and creativity
- Ensure that all responsibilities and activities discharged within the post are consistent and aligned to the appropriate policies and culture of Amref
- As the role engages a lot with our beneficiaries, ensure that the global image consent policy is adhered to
- Undertake other duties that may from time to time be necessary, and that are compatible with the nature and grade of this post.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field. Master’s degree in a similar field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a similar communications role.
- Knowledge of health and development issues in Kenya in particular, and in Africa and globally in general
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a heath development organisation an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Proven success in implementing communication and media strategies.
- Ability to work proactively independently, and to flexibly work as part of a team.
- Good time management and organisational skills
How to apply:
Interested? Submit a Cover letter in PDF expressing your interest and clearly outlining your qualifications for the position (Not exceeding 2 pages); and an updated CV in PDF (Not exceeding 3 pages) highlighting all relevant educational and employment experience. The subject line for your email must read: Amref/Communications Manager/09/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: – 9th October 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.