Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is recruiting a Country Director, in South Sudan to provide leadership and strategic direction to the country programme. The incumbent will be in charge of country performance and programme growth; S/he will ensure that adequate monitoring, evaluation and accountability mechanism are in place. This is a key position and part of Amref Health Africa senior management team, reporting to the Group Programmes Director with a critical role to play in the accomplishment of Amref Health Africa’s mission and strategy. This is an internationally recruited position attracting a competitive salary and attractive package of benefits.
Purpose of the Job:
The Country Director strategically leads the country program operations to achieve the organization’s vision. The role ensures good quality grant acquisition and management; and that programmes are adapted to the country context. This role sits in a unique environment that is characterized by a fragile social – political context.
Academic Qualification and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field from a recognized university;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Medicine, Public Health or related field;
- Knowledge of the South Sudan government’s national health policies, the South Sudan health care system, and the health-related programs of other donors.
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional qualification;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
Experience and Skills
- Over fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience with over eight (8) years in management, two (2) of which should be at senior management level in a similar organization.
- Experience in resource challenged environments.
- An excellent understanding of the development sector and experience of programme management in fragile states is required.
- Understands programme and project management
- Broad knowledge of the Amref Health Africa programmes and strategic focus
- Strategic and innovative with ability to sell the vision of the organization.
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross functional operational plans.
- Strong leadership skills, executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Please send an updated CV and cover letter as one document, addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in South Sudan & Uganda through firstname.lastname@example.org Emails should not exceed 2MB. The closing date for submitting applications is October 23, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding at the workplace and does not tolerate any form of abuse, discrimination or harassment.