Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main Purpose of Job
The successful candidate will work within the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). S/he will be responsible for managing the CT Programme Support Team in delivery, logistics and administration of the FCDO’s counter terrorism programmes in Kenya. This role provides an opportunity to support a high profile foreign policy priority by helping tackle terrorism in line with international human rights standards.
The successful candidate will be able to use their programme management skills to deliver in a fast-paced environment, responding flexibly to programme demands. He/she will manage a team of two officers to develop, drive and deliver timely and high quality counter-terrorism programmes through liaising with a wide range of colleagues across the security and justice sector within the British High Commission in Nairobi, UK Government Departments, external implementers and the Kenyan security and justice sector.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise effectively and use initiative to solve problems;
- Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills and proven stakeholder skills;
- Ability to project manage and use sound judgement;
- Proven team working skills with supervisory management experience;
- Ability to write and speak fluently in English;
- Management of budgets including monitoring of spend;
- Confidence and judgement to challenge and redesign as appropriate;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment; and
- Flexible and proactive approach to working.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience in project management
- Previous experience working in the security/justice sector
Application deadline 9 October 2020