Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 26 of the ‘2020 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
We are currently seeking for a Country Manager to be based in our Kenya office.
- Identify and establish business opportunities within the region for SMECs services in line with the organizations strategic direction
- Identify key clients and build sustainable relationships with these clients
- Identify local consultants and agents in countries of operation and build strategic alliances with them to facilitate the winning and implementation of projects
- Provide guidance and support to SMECs project managers in the implementation of projects and achievement of financial targets, including the control of project debtors.
- Provide guidance and support to Regional Manager – East Africa (K) in marketing of SMECs services and the preparation of proposals. Manage agents, as appropriate
- Work closely with SMECs Functional General Managers to identify, track, bid and win projects.
- Achieve annual fees and contribution targets for the country and maintain country overheads within budget.
- Fulfil project roles as Project Director/Project Manager/ Project Coordinator on selected projects and as greed with Functional Managers.
- Establish country and regional strategies and business plans for SMECs operations in with the organizations strategic plan.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Project Management skills preferably as a team leader
- Business Management skills and sound commercial skills
- Marketing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of SMECs capabilities
- Understanding of the donor funded consulting environment
- Experience in Africa s essential
- Tertiary qualifications
- Position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
Applications Close 08 October 2020 11:55pm – E. Africa Standard Time