Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 26 of the ‘2020 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
We are currently seeking for a Team Leader/ Senior Highway Engineer to be based in our Kenya or Uganda office.
- Take bottom-line responsibility for the technical delivery of projects on which he/ she is a Team Leader
- To support design teams in implementation of design projects
- Participate in the delivery of highway design and construction projects as a key staff member
- Support the Country Office in the delivery of transport projects
- Mentorship and Training of Junior Staff
- Preparation of quality management plans for new design projects
- Monitor the progress of the work and prepare consolidated progress reports
- Providing backstopping services to ongoing projects across the region
- Management of client relationships as a Team Leader
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering; Masters Degree an advantage
- Not less than 15 years’ experience as a consultant, with the majority of the experience in Africa.
- Experience in implementation of civil engineering projects particularly in the transport sector
- Demonstrable Project Management skills
- Highway Design experience
- Understanding of international consulting and construction business
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Excellent spoken and written English
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
Application closes 30 September 2020 11:55pm – E. Africa Standard Time