Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY – 2 POSTS
JOB GROUP: RS 16
Reporting to the Chief of Party Project, the successful candidate will perform duties which include but not limited to the following: –
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is responsible for the overall technical oversight of the project and is specifically responsible for project implementation that relates to facility and community-level service delivery. The DCOP reports directly to the COP and takes a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions and ensures the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. S/he assumes the responsibilities of the COP in the absence of the COP. S/he coordinates among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and interacts with numerous GoK institutions and representatives, particularly at the county-level. S/he is be knowledgeable about current implementation science and state-of-the-art service delivery approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the custodian of the vision for the Project as it seeks to improve the health and wealth of the population of western Kenya and seek extramural funding on any ongoing basis to support this vision;
- Serve as the Deputy to the Chief of Party Project;
- Assist the Chief of Party to implement the activities funded by the grant and for ensuring that all goals and objectives are achieved;
- Assist the Chief of Party oversee administrative fiduciary responsibility for implementing the proposed activities;
- Encourage and assist Project to complete accurate and timely Programmatic (Technical) reports;
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure that Project initiate timely expenditures and ensure that these are allowable, allocable, reasonable, and supported within the limits of the budget as approved by the donor;
- Represent the Project in international, national, and local meetings including County Government, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and other stakeholder meetings where applicable;
Qualifications & Experience:
- Eight years of experience in a senior role managing, complex technical service delivery programs of similar scope and dollar value.
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in partnership building, especially with the government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances. Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
How to Apply
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 16th October, 2020.
AMPATH Executive Director Care
P.O. Box 4606-30100
Applications can also be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer. Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.