Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FINANCE OFFICER – 2 POSTS
JOB GROUP: RS 9
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will among others be responsible for the following: –
- Perform accounting functions including, but not limited to book keeping, reconciliations and reporting;
- Ensure proper document recordkeeping and entry into the accounting systems, making use of current system technology;
- Preparation, analysis and review of budgets and preparing periodic internal reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs as per donor requirements;
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions;
- Working with county coordinators to ensure timely receipt of accounting returns and updating of the online systems;
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures;
- Generate and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness;
- Assist with annual external audit and in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit;
- Examine financial transaction supporting documentations to ensure completeness, accuracy, timelines and allowability of costs;
- Authenticate source documents for all financial transactions;
- Assure timely payment of invoices;
- Monthly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience: The ideal candidate should: –
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business related course (Finance Accounting option) from a reputable institution;
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) II with a pass; from a recognized Institution;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) as an Associate/student Member;
- Served for a minimum of three (3) years as an accountants Assistant with relevant experience in a donor related Organization;
- Basic accounting, ERP knowledge (ATP software) and Microsoft word & Excel skills is an added advantage;
- Have excellent problem solving and people skills;
- Have excellent management, report writing, organization, interpersonal and communication skills with strong command of English and Swahili languages — oral and written proficiency;
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will be employed on a 2-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances. Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
How to Apply
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 16th October, 2020.
AMPATH Executive Director Care
P.O. Box 4606-30100
Applications can also be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer. Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.