Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi,
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance),
Salary: KES 32,000 Monthly,
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job
The Pizzaiolo will be responsible for preparing pizzas out of our menu and based on custom orders of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to food and health guidelines and in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for mis-en-place for station, set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare pizzas out of our menu and based on custom orders according to Ankole Grill recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Bake a wide variety of pizza doughs, including thin crust, thick crust and cheesestuffed
- Plating or packaging pizzas accordingly.
- Checks quality of pizzas before they are served to guests
- Prepares pizza sauces.
- Monitoring the temperature of the pizza ovens as well as cooking times.
- Wash and chop vegetables (for example, tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms)
- Cut, slice and grill meats like chicken, ham and beef.
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed.
- Mise en place- ensure that all the basic pre preparation is accurately done before service to facilitate smooth flow of service.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Closing duties- The Pizzaiolo will be responsible for closing duties as assigned by the Chef. During such duties, absolute care must be taken in ensuring that thorough cleaning and locking up takes place. This will include inspection and ensuring that all electrical appliances have been switched off as appropriate, Gas cookers, salamanders and gas taps switched off, water taps turned off etc.
- In addition to the above, the Pizzaiolo may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Diploma or certificate in food production,
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Practical culinary skills
- Familiarity with professional kitchen equipment.
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Knowledge of ingredients, recipes and pizza-making process
- Ability to perform pizza-making duties without supervision
- Ability to use pizza ovens
- Able to work under pressure and long hours
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 11th October 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.