Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
Responsible for field and post-production operations while ensuring quality control.
- Assemble, prepare and set up equipment prior to filming/editing.
- In charge of a whole set of equipment assigned; ensure equipment is in good operational state by cleaning, general maintenance and repair (if need be).
- Innovate and experiment with ideas; contribute original ideas to improve the visual and journalistic content of the story and awareness of the different styles and formats.
- Offer advice on how best to shoot a scene, explain the visual impact created by particular shots and translate the same into a good edited piece.
- Shoot and edit for all platforms; Television and Digital/online.
- Quality control: Shooting video of the highest quality for either live transmission or recording, providing a representative visual and audio account of events. Check colour temperatures, exposure and luminance in order to maintain broadcast quality standards in both video and audio sequences.
- Ensure that the selected shots are well balanced on screen and relevant to the message.
- Check peak levels to ensure clarity of up-sounds/commentary/music as per set standards.
- Handle the filming & video editing equipment carefully to ensure that it is in proper working order and to report any malfunction and/or breakage to the relevant officer for resolution.
- Daily Reports.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- University Degree or Diploma in Media Technology/TV or Film Production.
- Minimum 2 years of camera operations and editing experience.
- Experience in a busy broadcasting station.
- Familiarity with broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills e.g. camerawork, lighting, editing and on- location facilities.
- Ability to visualize production scripts and other verbal or written instructions
- Systematic planner and Good Organizer
- Attention to detail.
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Team work
- Timely and proper Communication
- Flexibility to work demands
- Proper planning and organisation
- Broadcast operations knowledge
- Quick decision making
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Tuesday 6th October 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Switch Tv is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.