Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the positions of Clinical Officer.
Location: Nyeri County
Overall Job Function
The Clinical Officer is responsible for providing HIV/TB and related treatment services at supported sites as a member of the clinical team. The Clinical Officer will ensure that optimal standard of care is achieved in line with National guidelines, client satisfaction and good clinical outcomes.
- Management and coordination of HIV/TB Clinic activities
- Assist and work together with other clinic team members, for all CCC activities
- Ensure proper patient management of HIV/TB is done in line with National guidelines
- Provide adherence counselling and implementation of clinical aspects of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention program (PHDP) to clients attending the clinic
- Ensure optimal standards of care are achieved by establishing and maintaining the use of nationally approved clinical guidelines and protocols and with the help of the facility in charge and program officer, updating ones’ knowledge of HIV/AIDs management using evidence-based practice
- Counsel clients on adherence to treatment
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their families in the clinic through support groups, health talks and educational materials
- Ensure the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Ensure integration of HIV services in OPD, MCH, inpatient and other outpatient clinics.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs) to discuss complicated cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient-level outcomes
- Participation and contribution to capacity building of clinical and other staff through CMEs, mentorship, sensitization and updates
- Ensure complete documentation in various HIV care-related tools as recommended
- Provide regular feedback to care staff/ facility management on work-related concerns
- Conduct any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Basic Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery from Kenya Medical Training College or any recognizes institution
- A valid license from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- At least 2 years’ work experience in busy Comprehensive Care Clinic (CCC)/ TB clinic or MCH
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel will be an added advantage
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the reference number for the position applied for as the subject title by 5:00 PM October 9, 2020.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.