Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/005/2020
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Embu and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Embu County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Head of Internal Audit .
Reporting to the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee of the Board and functionally to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the conduct of independent appraisal of the effectiveness and improvement of policies, procedures and standards of management of financial and physical resources of the Company, lead risk assurance and carry out value-for-money audits
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic direction in the Internal Audit and Risk Assurance function of the Company.
- Develop systems for the evaluation of financial, information systems and operational procedures to ensure adequate internal controls are present.
- Develop, document, implement, test and maintain a comprehensive internal audit plan to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and document systems for reviewing and monitoring the Company’s risk management system and make appropriate recommendations for improvements based on industry best practices.
- Ensure sound practices in internal audit/risk management that conform to international best practice, International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Audit Standards (IAS) and the Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) Act 2007.
- Ensure a competent and motivated internal audit team through quality hiring, training and evaluating of staff; and taking corrective actions to address performance gaps.
- Provide sound leadership and supervision to the staff in the department.
- Prepare comprehensive internal audit draft annual budgets.
- Ensure compliance with the approved budget including prudent and timely spending.
- Ensure timely reporting of the department’s performance.
- Ensure sound systems, policies and procedures for effective functioning of the department are in place.
- Develop EWASCO Internal Audit Charter and review it regularly.
- Regularly perform risk exposure assessments.
- Act as Secretary to the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee of the Board.
- Act as a link between the external auditors and the internal audit function and the Company as a whole.
- Follow up on recommendations given by external audit team and other regulatory bodies.
- Oversee the preparation of audit reports with relevant recommendations.
- Prepare annual audit schedules, programs and annual internal audit plan (risk-based audits) aligned to the threats and risks identified in the strategic plan – to ensure the company achieves its strategic goals and objectives.
- Determine that all operations carried out at EWASCO are in conformity with existing laws and regulations, and internal policies and procedures and are consistent with both institutional objectives and good business practices.
- Lead in conducting risk-based audits and prepare appropriate recommendations on minimization of risks to safeguard EWASCO’s assets.
- Carry out systems audits of all departments and appraise the application and adequacy of accounting, financial, procurement, IT and other controls.
- Review the credibility and integrity of financial statements by ensuring that they have been prepared in accordance with the relevant Regulations.
- Ensure that noncurrent assets of EWASCO have been safeguarded, their physical condition is proper, they exist and they are correctly valued.
- Ensure that the information contained in the financial statements is complete and reliable for effective decision making.
- Review the economic efficiency and effectiveness in the utilization of EWASCO resources in order to achieve its objectives.
- Review the adequacy, design and effectiveness of the Internal Control Systems to monitor the quality of such controls, detect any weakness and provide recommendation for improvement through analysis of the accounting system to ensure that security levels are well guarded.
- Identify and qualify key business risks estimating the probability of occurrences and their impact on EWASCO and make appropriate recommendations.
- Train employees and members of the Board on the roles of effective internal Audit.
- Evaluation of strategic plan in terms of performance achieved (half yearly).
- Preparation of quarterly internal audit reports for audit committee.
- Undertake continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in a business-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Full professional qualification in either CPA (K), ACCA, CISA or CIA
- Member of ICPAK or CIA
- At least 12 years’ experience, 5 of which should be in a senior management position
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet ability
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good interpersonal relations skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of; –
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application packages which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
Off Meru-Embu Road next to National Library
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
In addition to the Hard copy, a soft copy of the application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the expiry of the closing date (14th October, 2020, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
- The Vacancy number should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification
CLOSING DATE: 14th October, 2020, 17:00 Hours