Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HEAD OF TECHNICAL SERVICES JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/004/2020
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Embu and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Embu County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Head of Technical Services .
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the Technical department ensuring effective project implementation and water supply services.
- Ensure achievement of the overall Technical services goals of the Company.
- Lead the development of policies and systems to support efficient functions framework.
- Lead the development of procedures and processes to assure efficient service delivery and quality of services to exceed customer expectations.
- Initiate, develop and maintain sound and mutual relationship and network with relevant public and private bodies and institutions critical to the success of the functions.
- Ensure a competent and motivated Technical team through quality hiring, training and evaluating of staff; and taking corrective actions to address performance gaps.
- Provide sound leadership and supervision to the staff in the department.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budgets for the department for approval by the Managing Director.
- Ensure compliance with approved budgets including prudent and timely spending.
- Ensure timely reporting of the department’s performance.
- Ensure sound systems, policies and procedures for effective functioning of the department are in place.
- Participate in strategy formulation process of the Company on technical matters.
- Prepare annual work and project plans for the department.
- Ensure Technical Department procedures, layouts and technical reports and project Appraisals.
- Develop and maintain networks with key stakeholders to facilitate technical operations including donors and fund-raising partners.
- Prepare master programs for technical assignments on projects and water distribution.
- Review and approve designs for works.
- Monitor and evaluate technical works to ensure adherence to laid down budgets, timelines, policies and procedures.
- Advise on viability of projects, related infrastructure and land.
- Review and evaluate proposals and works and recommend improvements.
- Oversee production schedules from the plants.
- Oversee maintenance of infrastructure to undertake technical works.
- Review and recommend technical partners for operational assignments.
- Coordinate external reporting to technical matters to regulators, WSB, donors, and others, and ensure reports are accurate and timely.
- Oversee maintenance of highest levels of customer satisfaction levels.
- Oversee project close out and hand over projects.
- Undertake continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered with Engineers Board of Kenya as a Professional Engineer
- Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (MIEK)
- At least 12 years’ experience, 5 of which should be in senior management position
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet ability
- Excellent Networking and stakeholder management abilities
- Strong project management abilities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations
- Strong leadership skills and Problem-solving skills
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of; –
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application packages which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
Off Meru-Embu Road next to National Library
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
In addition to the Hard copy, a soft copy of the application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the expiry of the closing date (14th October, 2020, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
- The Vacancy number should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification
CLOSING DATE: 14th October, 2020, 17:00 Hours