Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya, with travel to Somalia
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a third-party monitoring contract based in Nairobi, Kenya with travel to Somalia. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Somalia.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party must provide overall management, guidance, and direction to the project’s team. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables required under this project as well as overall compliance with the task order. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. This position has significant programmatic/technical responsibilities as well as the overall contract management/compliance responsibilities.
- Programmatic/technical responsibilities (approximately 60% of the level of effort):
- Lead the development of the Annual Work Plan.
- Lead quality control/quality assurance for all products/deliverables for the client.
- Lead the development and coordination of external trainings, presentations and workshops.
- Lead the development and management of an online data platform for the client.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel based in the US Embassy in Kenya.
- Serve as a contributing writer for all deliverables as needed.
- Contract management/compliance responsibilities (approximately 40% of the level of effort):
- Ensure overall contract compliance.
- Supervise a team of approximately 30 staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Manage subcontractor and consultant financial, contractual and compliance issues.
- Manage the technical issues for the subcontractor responsible for the online data platform.
- Directly supervise the DCOP and Finance Manager.
- Ensure compliance to IBTCI global policies and establish additional standard project implementation and operations procedures and schedules as needed.
- Manage the project field office budget, financial reporting, local procurement and vendor purchase orders.
- Oversee staff and subcontractor security in Kenya and Somalia.
- May be required to be in-country to perform the essentials duties of this position.
- Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner.
- Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Chief of Party must have at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience related to the project subject matter. Within the ten (10) years of experience, the Chief of Party should have at least five (5) years of experience managing teams and at least two (2) years of experience working in conflict zones.
- The Chief of Party must have previous experience managing third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or large-scale evaluations.
- The Chief of Party must have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in social sciences, business management, international development, economics, political science, public administration or related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The Chief of Party should have previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Somalia is desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to Somalia is required. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.