Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
The Database Senior Manager is responsible for managing, designing, planning, implementation and optimization of Living Goods databases in the countries of operation. In particular:
- Management and maintenance of the database.
- Management and maintenance of the data warehouse.
- Report automation.
- Manage the consistent data flow and workflow data points between apps, databases, dashboards and the data warehouse.
- Maintenance of the data dictionary.
- Support Partners with data exchange and reporting.
- Training of the analytics and other teams.
- Maintaining Database as a Service (DaaS).
- Management of LG’s data warehouse, source databases and reporting tools.
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion according to plans and requirements; coordinating design and programming.
- Maintains Database as a Service (DaaS) on cloud infrastructure.
- Contribute and advise to senior data technical workgroup as a critical resource.
- Work with department heads, end users and stakeholders to understand their needs and deploy effective database solutions and training.
- Prepare and disseminate database reports on a regular basis to internal and external users.
- Resolution of escalated issues pertaining databases and dashboards in a timely manner.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Upgrades hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Coaching and instructing the team to ensure they understand any new developments and are in position to implement as needed.
- Coordinate all systems trainings for the database team.
- Conduct team assessments towards bringing in new skills and experience where necessary.
- Mentor and monitor the growth of existing database team.
- Manage rollout and adaptation of new database systems.
- Definition of database architecture and design specifications.
- Maintain database security and data integrity as per data governance established in the organization.
- Database storage and capacity planning.
- Assist identification and management of vendors for database related functions for LG Uganda and identifies opportunities for operational efficiency.
- Monitor database quality assurance and control standards and ensure compliance to overall organizational database strategy.
- Review database security periodically and advise on measures to enhance and optimize security of technology systems, infrastructure and data.
- Assist the senior technology manager as necessary with stakeholder and partner engagement in accordance with LG database strategic initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, engineering, Health Information Systems with understanding of public/community health solutions;
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience with AT LEAST four (4) years of hands-on experience in implementation of database solutions.
- Experience using and administering relational and non-relational database platforms, and expertise of at least one database (preferably Postgres or SQL Server).
- Experience of managing database on cloud infrastructure.
- Strong analytic skills, especially data consolidation from diverse data sets.
- Experience of linking disconnected data sets to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of data reporting and visualization i.e. dashboards.
- Experience of software development or database scripting to support databases.
- Experience developing and managing data warehouse solutions.
Skills and attributes
- Analytical skills
- Communication Skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Quick learner
- Team Player
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.