Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PSI is seeking an experienced and creative Project Director who will lead the brand and campaign development, global stakeholder engagement and oversee project activities and manage collaboration between a number of partners. The Project Director should have: a track-record of developing and implementing marketing/behavior change campaigns that include mass media, building trust among diverse stakeholders to achieve complex outcomes; significant management and leadership experience, preferably of large in-country projects with multiple sub-awardees; a history of successfully managing government and donor relations as well as community engagement in a project; a strong interest in communications and marketing; and experience successfully implementing HIV treatment programs. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of the sub-Saharan African HIV epidemic and response, and familiar with the relevant scientific literature on HIV testing and treatment. This leadership position will be based in either Harare, Lilongwe or Nairobi and is only open to candidates who are currently authorized to work in Kenya, Malawi, or Zimbabwe and do not require future sponsorship.
- The candidate should hold an advanced degree (MPH, MD, PhD, MBA or equivalent education) in public health, epidemiology, social sciences, marketing, business or other related field, or equivalent experience in these fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in programmatic and technical leadership of large, complex donor-funded health programs.
- Marketing expertise with proven experience developing and implementing marketing/behavior change campaigns that include mass media. Experience leveraging consumer insight to develop and execute on brand architecture and strategy.
- Managerial and operational experience, preferably managing complex projects involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions and experience with either the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or PEPFAR.
- Broad understanding of public health in Southern or Eastern Africa with in-depth knowledge of HIV in a local context.
- Demonstrated experience of or willingness to embrace patient- and consumer-centered approaches and advocate for these approaches to stakeholders and partners
- Comfort representing the program to a range of audiences and stakeholders, including government, donors, sub-grantees, multilateral organizations, beneficiary communities, the media and civil society.
- Experience with advocacy to government and non-government channels.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, extensive computer skills, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and be highly motivated and organized.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.