Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Grade: RL 4
Directorate: Remuneration Services
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Job Evaluation and Salary Structures
To provide technical support in job evaluation, job grading, salary surveys and salary structures in line with the mandate of the Commission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execution of the Commission’s Strategy on Job Evaluation and Salary structures;
- Implement policies, procedures and manuals on Job Evaluation and Salary Structures;
- Implement work plans and undertake continuous performance monitoring and reporting on the work plans;
- Contribute to the preparation of appropriate budgets for programs and ensure optimal utilization;
- Contribute to the development and implements the functional risk management framework.
- Ensure compliance on all statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission policies.
- Carry out job evaluation exercises for both State and Public Offices and ensure successful implementation of the adopted recommendations;
- Maintain the job evaluation system that is used in the Public Sector;
- Contribute to the development and review of training curriculum for job evaluation;
- Carry out salary surveys to provide benchmark salaries payable to public officers;
- Develop salary structures for respective public officers ;
- Implementation of Job Evaluation grading and salary structures recommendations;
- Maintain remuneration and grading structure data base of all Jobs in the Public Sector by title and grade;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Supervisor;
- Contribute to the development of the Work plan, policies and procedures of the Department;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets
Minimum Qualifications and Personal Specifications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Statistics, Human Resources,Public Administration) or relevant field of study from a recognised university;
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Public or Business Administration) or other relevant field from a recognised university is an added advantage;
- Relevant work experience of at least eight (8) years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization;
- Relevant professional qualification
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Knowledge of public finance management principles and processes;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the field of employee and compensation and remuneration policy formulation; and
- In-depth knowledge in the field of job evaluation and remuneration policy.
- Mastery and expertise in design of salary structures.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately breakdown complex information into analytical reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach current clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Higher Education Loans Board and
- Credit Reference Bureau (Must provide certificate or report) Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of and mailed OR delivered to:
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 NAIROBI
To be received on or before 13th October, 2020.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.