Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATION MANAGER, GRADE KPC3-JOB REF KPC/ADVT/23/2020
Responsible for external and internal communication geared towards promotion of the Company’s Corporate identity and enhancement of its brand image through exposition of information by publicizing the Company’s objectives, policies, achievement and activities. The position is also responsible for creating high quality content and fostering good media and customer relations.
- Formulate, develop and implement the Company’s Communication Policies and strategies.
- Develop and implement KPC Public Relations strategy, taking into account the internal and external changes in the market and ensure that these are aligned with the Corporate Strategic Plan as well as internal communications strategies.
- Develop operational plans and budget for effective implementation of PR programmes.
- Provide strategic PR advice to management and commission communication strategies.
- Recommend and implement informational and promotional strategies (campaigns) for Corporate and marketing purposes as well as innovative and design PR and marketing promotional materials.
- Respond to all queries in respect of KPC from general public, media, special interest groups and other components of the firm’s stakeholder ecosystem.
- Ensure KPC leadership in managing issues pertinent to the industry is upheld and maintained.
- Manage the KPC brand through the promotion of a positive corporate image for the company;
- Manage and coordinate corporate activities and events.
- Implement and manage Corporate programmes and monitor their impact;
- Manage the website in liaison with the ICT department
- Carry out of final editing, review and provide support in design, production and distribution of newsletters, annual reports, speeches, publications, website contents, reports and outreach materials;
- Coordinate and implement media management strategies and manage media stakeholders.
- Manage complaints from various stakeholders and undertake customer service delivery surveys;
- Develop strategic communication campaigns targeted at employees to ensure understanding of KPC’s mandate;
- Identify potential issues and engage in proactive reputation management;
- Review and manage sponsorships and partnership projects in line with the KPC communication policy;
- Provide feedback mechanisms to our stakeholders both local and international;
Key Qualifications and experience
- A Degree in Social Science, Communication or Journalism
- A postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication if the first degree is not in Journalism or Communication
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant experience five (5) of which must have been at Senior Management level.
- Registration/membership with relevant professional body where applicable e.g. PRSK, MSK.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Good networking and experience with the wider media space
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Desk top Publishing.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Corporate Affairs through continued professional education.
- Ability to deliver the Company’s articulated Mission, Vision and Policies.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to observe diplomacy and etiquette.
- Ability to establish flexible teams to carry out tasks in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
How to Apply
To Apply Click on E_Recruitment Portal
All applications should be received not later than 13th October 2020.
Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.