Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (TRAINING & ACADEMIC LINKAGES), GRADE KPC 3 –JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/ 21/2020
NB: The holder of the position will be based at the Institute’s Nairobi Campus
KPC owned Morendat Institute of Oil & Gas (MIOG) is a Centre of Excellence established to develop human resource capacity in Oil and Gas including Pipeline Management, Operations and Maintenance. The Institute is registered and licensed by the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) and embraces Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) and offers both technical and professional courses.
The Vision of the Institute is “International Centre of Excellence for Oil & Gas skills development’, while the Mission is ‘To build capacity for Oil & Gas industry by offering internationally accredited courses, research and consultancy services’.
In accordance with the vision and mission of MIOG, KPC seeks to appoint a dynamic leader to the position of Deputy Director (Training Academics and Linkages (TAL).
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Director of the Institute, the Deputy Director (TAL) will ensure strategic leadership in Training, Academics and Linkages that sustains efficient running and promotion of quality training at the Institute.
- Developing systems, procedures and strategies for implementing the Institute’s training mandate;
- Leading and coordinating training and academic linkage programs
- Ensuring implementation of MIOG as a competency-based training institution as per the Master Plan;
- Leading program development, including curriculum, instructional strategies and instructional materials
- Coordinating the planning, development and review of training programs in line with identified needs;
- Coordinating the development of relevant curricula and accreditations of courses of the Institute
- Liaising with other academic institutions and stakeholders in relation to training and academic linkages
- Managing selection, training and examining of trainees to ensure quality of courses
- Facilitating recruitment and selection of competent training staff;
- Monitoring and ensuring that programs are run within approved budgets.
Key Qualifications and experience
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s Degree in Education (Educational Administration or, Educational Leadership or Curriculum and Instruction), OR Masters in any relevant filed with over 10 years post qualification hands on experience as a trainer/faculty member in a recognized Institution of higher learning
- An earned PhD degree will be an added advantage;
- At least 10 years’ post qualification experience in Training in an Institution of higher learning 5 of which should have been in leadership role
- Demonstrable knowledge of TVET industry and Competency Based Education and Training
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of best practices and research in curriculum, assessment, and instruction
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way;
- Understanding of Oil and Gas business
- Ability to work successfully with trainers in the development and revision of Institute’s curricula.
- Ability to work with diverse curricula subject areas ability to deliver articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts;
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management;
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, project management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation
How to Apply
To Apply Click on E_Recruitment Portal
All applications should be received not later than 13th October 2020.
Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.