Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
GENERAL MANAGER (HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION), GRADE KPC 2 – JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/19/2020
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for provision of leadership to heads of departments with directorate mandate for various HR and administrative functional areas. The job holder will guide the delivery of the entire spectrum of human resource and administrative strategies. A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in change management, organizational development initiatives and ensuring staff motivation by creating a conducive working environment.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies and procedures to achieve KPC’s strategic objectives;
- Identify, attract, deploy and retain qualified and skilled personnel;
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of effective performance management systems;
- Oversee the implementation of the performance management system and ensure that individual and team performance is continuously monitored and measured against realistic but challenging targets aligned to the strategic direction by clearly defining performance measures and indicators, expected timeframe as well as resource requirements;
- Maintain a robust remuneration strategy and appropriate terms and conditions of employment;
- Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate change management initiatives;
- Ensure efficient and effective administration services including maintenance of KPC’s property, offices and provision of transport services.
Key Qualifications and experience
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development and Management or Labour Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management if either degree is not in HRM
- Minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and complex organization.
- Membership to Institute of Human Resource Management
- Possession of a current Practicing License.
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- In depth knowledge of administration and human resources policies, systems and procedures;
- Ability to lead staff, including training and conflict management skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- In depth understanding of labour laws and other relevant legislations;
- Proven track record and ability to manage change and interpersonal conflict;
- Proficiency in computer applications including computerized HR information systems;
- Ability to deliver the articulated vision for change to staff members i.e. create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts;
- Be able to initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special research aimed at improving organizational effectiveness;
- Ability to take personal responsibility for dealing with employee issues and concerns and making themselves fully available and taking actions beyond normal expectations;
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in management through continuing professional education programmes;
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
How to Apply
To Apply Click on E_Recruitment Portal
All applications should be received not later than 13th October 2020.
Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.