Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Post Ref. NCIA/HR/01/2020
Title & Grade Principal Internal Auditor – NCIA 3
PRINCIPAL, INTERNAL AUDITOR, (JOB GRADE NCIA 3)
As head of the Internal Audit Unit the Principal Internal Auditor will administratively report to the Registrar/CEO and functionally to the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee of the Board of Directors for the day to day operations of the audit section.
The duties and responsibilities
- coordinating development, implementation and review of audit function policies of the Centre;
- preparing and submitting audit reports to the Registrar/CEO and the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee of the Board;
- ensuring that the systems, procedures and guidelines are prepared for approval by the Registrar/CEO and the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee of the Board;
- preparing annual work plans for the Section to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
- overseeing review of internal control systems and verification of operations and activities with a view to assessing the economy, efficiency and effectiveness in which Centre’s resources are utilized;
- evaluating and assessing risk management control and governance;
- carrying out audit checks;
- verifying payments to ensure validity and accuracy; ensuring adherence of accounting procedures;
- implementing regulations pertaining to financial control and management; ensuring efficient and effective payroll audit;
- undertaking risk assessment and developing risk management guidelines; ensuring implementation of annual audit plans and Committee reports; developing and reviewing audit management systems;
- following up on implementation of recommendations and liaising with the Auditor General;
- follow up on the process of implementation of Internal and external audit recommendations;
- coordination of the implementation of the section strategic plans and realization of its objective;
- overseeing the implementation of performance appraisal systems and contracts of the section; facilitate risk management; and
- ensuring accountability and prudent management of resources and assets; and ensuring compliance with principals and values of good governance transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity.
For appointment to this grade an Auditor must have: –
- Served in the grade of Senior Internal Audit Officer in a relevant and comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years,
- Have relevant working experience of at least seven (7) years with a minimum of five (5) years in a senior management position in public or private organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance), or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountants of Kenya CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognised Institution;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have met all the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;and
- Be a member of a recognized professional body in accounting or auditing in good standing.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, download and complete the job application form. Submit a soft copy (pdf) of the completed application form through e-mail: email@example.com attaching copies of your certificates, copy of your identification card and any other testimonial in support of your application together with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating current salary, contacts of at least three (3) referees and daytime telephone contacts to be submitted by 5.00 p.m. on …Wednesday 13th October 2020 addressed to:
Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration
Co-operative Bank House, 8th Floor
Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. BOX 548 – 00200
Nairobi – Kenya
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of prospective interview dates and Chapter six (6) clearance documents shall be required during interview. Any canvassing or solicitation by or on behalf of an applicant for the above vacancy will disqualify the
Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women, youths and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.