Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Y-ACT, Youth in Action is looking for an Advocacy Outreach Coordinator who will lead policy advocacy work-planning, strategy development and implementation by the county partners (youth-led grassroots organizations), lead policy advocacy capacity strengthening of the partners and youth at county level and oversee relationships with partners at county level.
Y-ACT, Youth in Action is an initiative of Amref Health Africa that supports increased capacity and action by youth to advocate for their gender and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) priorities to be reflected in government policies and actions.
Qualifications & Knowledge
· Undergraduate degree in Community Development or related Social Sciences
· At least 3 years demonstrable experience working with and building capacity of grassroots youth led organisations in advocacy strategy development and implementation, and grants management in Kenya
· At least 3 years of experience in youth engagement
· Experience working with youth initiatives and engaging Counties in SRHR, gender or youth programme activities
· Experience working on gender equality and SRHR advocacy priorities
· Priority will be given to youth applicants, below age 35
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Be hands-on on both managerial and operational tasks
· Strong networking and partnerships skills
· Ability to prioritise and multi-task
· Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people
· Public relations skills
· Decision making and Problem solving skills
· Passionate about youth in all their diversity.
· Strong and passionate commitment to advocacy communications in the Africa region with a specific focus on youth.
· Collaborative process management, coordination, planning and oversight;
· Ability to work and report to multiple partners.
· Tactical and strategic abilities.
Submit a Cover letter in PDF expressing your interest and clearly outlining your qualifications for the position (Not exceeding 2 pages) and an updated CV in PDF (Not exceeding 3 pages) highlighting all relevant educational and employment experience. The subject line for your email should read: Amref/Advocacy Outreach Coordinator – Bungoma/2020-09 to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for submission: – 6thOctober 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted