Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Apollo Agriculture is the product and financing platform for small-scale farmers. Apollo uses satellite data, machine learning, and mobile phones to deliver the farming tools and financing that small-scale farmers need to increase profits, with radical efficiency and scale. We are a team of software engineers, data scientists, economists, and operators with deep experience from The Climate Corporation, One Acre Fund, and ACRE. We value risk-taking in service of radical scale, considerate listening, and tireless commitment to understanding our customers and their needs.
Apollo is seeking an experienced Marketing Lead to help us reach millions of rural customers and partner with them to maximize their profits. In this role, you will lead a team to develop creative strategies that capture the attention and excitement of small-scale farmers, build multiple channels for scalable, low-cost customer acquisition, and radically increase Apollo’s brand recognition across Kenya and beyond. This is a senior-level position with significant management and leadership responsibility.
- Design and oversee Apollo’s seasonal and long-term marketing strategies. This includes design and oversight of rural marketing campaigns and events that drive new customer acquisition, as well as longer term brand awareness strategies that make Apollo a known and trusted brand among farmers across Kenya and beyond.
- Work in close collaboration with Apollo’s Chief Customer Officer to align marketing strategies and targets with operational and sales goals
- Oversee development of Apollo’s visual content strategy and ensure that all marketing and sales materials align with Apollo’s short- and long-term marketing goals.
- Dive headfirst into Apollo’s wealth of data to identify growth opportunities, design and execute new experiments and scale winning strategies across Apollo’s territories.
- Design and improve processes to gather qualitative and quantitative research to best understand Apollo’s customers.
- Help us continue to build a world class team and provide mentorship and leadership to help direct reports grow their roles
- Are extremely analytical, have great financial acumen and are able to crunch the numbers.
- Are extremely creative, with deep experience in marketing, brand development, and customer acquisition strategies, preferably in rural contexts. If rural marketing is new to you, you are passionate about rural markets and are excited to apply your experience to a new challenge.
- Have agricultural experience or very deep context about how agricultural marketing is done.
- Are capable of balancing long-term strategic design with urgency, and good at determining when to act swiftly.
- Are excited to work with a team of software engineers and data scientists to design and test new ideas and develop new products.
- Are excited to spend significant time with our customers to understand their needs.
- Are able to digest data and committed to data-driven decision making.
- Are a natural leader, with significant leadership and management experience and have the ability to get things done.
- Are excited to put your talents to work to solve interesting, complex problems.
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package and challenging projects
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect
- Are excited to hear from you!