Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CREAW is seeking applications for a reliever to the position of an Accountant. The Accountant will be expected to assist the Finance Officer in managing, handling, recording and reporting on the organization’s funds and assets in a professional and efficient manner and in accordance with international financial reporting standards.
ACCOUNTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and review field activity accountability documents for consistency, completeness and accuracy of documentation for purposes of ensuring proper posting to the correct project budget item.
- Ensure that expenditures meet donor compliance and regulations; as well as CREAW’s financial policies and guidelines.
- Where applicable, provide advice on ways to improve the field accounting function.
- Ensuring that during the requisition process of the assigned donor partner accounts assigned to you are within and conform to budget lines & that accuracy is maintained in the documentation process.
- Update the project expenses on the financial system to ensure it captures the appropriate budget codes.
- Posting all disbursements on the Financial system and writing cheques to suppliers.
- Assist in Preparing financial donor reports and Budgeting.
- On a need basis conduct Capacity assessment & Due Diligence under the supervision of the Finance officer.
- Assist in training of staff & downstream partners on grant requirements
- Assist in preparing project audit schedule/s
- Payroll management through preparation and payment of organizational Statutory returns.
- Submit the relevant monthly financial summaries to the Finance Officer and in her absence the Finance Manager respectively by the 5th of every month.
- Ensure proper filing, documentation and record keeping of all project expenditures.
- Accompany field staff for field events, outreaches and other activities from time to time.
- Monitor and liaise with project staff to ensure financial receipts and payments are accurately, timely and appropriately handled
- Participate in the planning and review meetings, ensuring project staff members are kept informed in all relevant financial issues, and the preparation of timely activity reports
- Promote transparency and accountability in the use of project resources in the field.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Understanding of Na Vision Financial Management system will be an added advantage
- Two years’ minimum experience in donor/NGO project accounting; experience in accounting for external donor-funded projects an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer and internet skills (MS Word, Excel, Explorer, and accounting software)
- Willingness to travel to the field on occasional basis.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications through CREAW’s Talent Acquisition Portal by 5.00PM on Wednesday October 14th, 2020.