Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Centre for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW) is national, feminist non-governmental organization with a mission to champion, expand and actualize women and girl’s rights and social justice.
CREAW’s work is premised on the foundation that everyone deserves dignified life, and that this is attainable. We thus dedicate resources and capabilities to protect, promote and actualize women’s and girls’ rights and freedoms as a basis of addressing prevailing systemic gendered inequalities, oppression, exploitation and discrimination.
As catalysts of the change we want to see, we support strategic and innovative initiatives and collaborate with progressive thinkers – irrespective of gender, age, race, class, education or affiliations – to reach these ideals. Our work draws from universal human rights principles and protocols. We pursue social justice as an approach to engineering transformation in the spaces we seek to influence .
What are we looking for?
CREAW is looking for a full-time Communication Assistant (CA) to support the Communication Officer in the implementation of CREAW’s branding and communication strategy and ensure effective communication of the organization’s work. The successful candidate will be engaged in continuous generation of content to raise the profile and the impact of the organization- documenting best practices, success stories, project learnings and knowledge management. She/he will be based in Nairobi with occasional travel to the counties in which CREAW’s programs and projects are on-going.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support in the development and implementation of CREAW’s communication strategy.
- Work with the Communication Officer to strengthen partnerships with media outlets and ensure visibility and coverage of CREAW’s events, programmes and activities at the national and county levels.
- Assist in the regular documentation of project events and implementation activities and prepare drafts of such content for social media, website, CREAW’s newsletters and project publications.
- Work with the Communication Officer to generate, edit and schedule daily content on CREAW’s digital platforms- Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram and website- in line with CREAW’s communication and branding guidelines.
- In coordination with the Communication Officer and program teams, solicit information, draft publicity materials including activity profiles and project factsheets, success stories, case studies and articles for publication and dissemination in various multimedia platforms.
- Support Communication’s officer in the provision of leadership and critical support in information gathering, knowledge management and dissemination of information and communication products within CREAW’s programs and external audiences.
- Support CREAW’s programme teams and Implementing Partners to meet their communication needs while maintaining good relations with partners, line institutions and organizations.
- Occasionally conduct field visits to CREAW’s programme sites to gather information, document activities.
- In coordination with the C.O and Program teams, assist in providing updates about CREAW’s work in the different programs and meeting any specific information request.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PERSONALITY DESIRED:-
- Diploma preferably in Journalism and Mass Communications, Public Relations, Development Communication or any other related field.
- A minimum work experience of 2 years of experience in the Communications field preferably in an NGO environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and Swahili).
- Experience in designing communication tools and strategies.
- Ability and interest to write for a variety of mediums
- Working knowledge of photography
- Should have high value media contacts and actively engaged on social media
- Strong analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Professional experience in women’s rights and/or human rights work.
- Previous experience in the NGO sector in the above capacity; Confirmed previous engagement in similar assignment;
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Must be flexible to travel within the country, work extended periods in the field and interact effectively with community members and willingness to learn new approaches.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications through CREAW’s Talent Acquisition Portal by 5.00PM on Wednesday October 14th, 2020.