Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: ICU In – Charge,
Gross Salary: competitive,
Our client is a leading hospital in Mombasa. They seek to hire a Critical Care Nurse to deliver vital care to seriously ill or injured patients in the ICU department.
- Identifying a patient’s specific and critical needs and adopt a care plans as necessary to meet those needs.
- Performing approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based on the patient’s clinical status.
- Advocating for the patient’s and family’s needs and proving emotional support for both the patient and their families.
- Setting up and monitoring medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators, alarms, oxygen delivery equipment etc.
- Providing special therapies i.e. dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, mechanical ventilation and inotropic support.
- Maintaining the Hospitals policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Participating in professional organisations and continuing education to improve on technical knowledge and skills.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity and according them privacy.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patients’ families and all other care givers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Supporting Charge Nurse in administrative roles, monitoring staff performance and staff development.
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patient’s well-being.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by Nursing Council of Kenya and the laws of Kenya.
- Safe-guarding Hospital’s and patients’ confidential information and property.
- Reporting all complaints and incidents to the In-charge as they occur.
- Prioritizing nursing care for critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Provide effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Providing mentorship to junior nurses and students
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
- Diploma in Nursing (KRN / KRCHN) from an accredited School of Nursing
- Diploma in Critical care or Emergency Nursing
- BLS / ACLS Certificate and other unit specific certification requirements
- Valid Nursing license
- Member of relevant chapter / association
How to apply
Interested candidates to send their application together with a detailed CV, testimonials and certified copies of your original certificates quoting the job title on the email subject (Critical Care Nurse – Mombasa) by 12th October 2020 via email ONLY to: email@example.com
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.