Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kiva is the world’s first and largest crowdfunding platform for social good. We run an online marketplace (www.kiva.org) for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to expand financial access at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.”
Our mission is to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7+ million borrowers in over 80 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Portland, New York City, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team has 100+ employees and 500+ volunteers worldwide.
Since its founding, volunteerism has been an integral part of Kiva’s foundation and success. As a Kiva Intern, you will contribute your passion, drive, ideas and expertise to expanding our reach and impact while taking on immediate and significant responsibilities within your team. In addition to learning on the job, you’ll partake in a variety of educational, social, and professional development workshops and events that will accelerate your professional growth while learning about Kiva and the non-profit, technology, and microfinance sectors.
Through this volunteer internship, we’re hoping to provide a high caliber learning experience. With the completion of our internship program, you will take away many in-demand job skills. Additionally, all Kiva interns will gain exposure to foundational microfinance concepts and ongoing professional development tailored to your career goals. This position will also put you in contact with a wide array of employees and organizations around the world, giving you a jump start on networking opportunities.
This is a 6-month, part-time (24-32 hours per week), volunteer internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Kiva places interns within most departments of the organization. During recruitment, we evaluate your application and interests to match you to a specific team that will leverage your talents while providing you with an opportunity to develop and grow.
Although Kiva Interns range in age and experience, a common theme among our participants is a “can do” attitude as well as a desire and willingness to dive in and get their hands dirty.
Kiva is currently hiring for our January through July 2021 Internship Class.
Kiva’s Impact Investments team works with partner lending institutions and borrowers from all over the world, who post profiles for fundraising onto the Kiva website. The team is responsible for sourcing, monitoring and managing relationships with these partners and borrowers, onboarding and training new partners, and ensuring that all funding relationships are compliant with Kiva’s policies and are aligned with Kiva’s social mission and strategic focus. The Impact Investments team includes staff based in the US, Kenya, Thailand, and Colombia, who manage Kiva’s investment relationships across the world.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated, skilled young professionals to support the efforts of the Impact Investments team by working with our Impact Investments team, our Field partners and their clients in order to help us expand our impact. The Investment Analyst Intern will be responsible for supporting the Impact Investment team to monitor performance metrics and trends of institutional partners and borrowers with a focus on Africa and the Middle East. This is an early career traineeship opportunity, which supports Kiva’s Impact Investments team in onboarding, monitoring, and supporting our large network of international investment partners. The Investment Analyst Intern will report to a regional Investment Manager, and will collaborate closely with other team members across the Impact Investments team including the Investment Associates. This role will also support initiatives where needed. The ideal candidate is a flexible and positive team player who is passionate about Kiva’s mission and is able to perform basic financial statement analysis and execute complex processes efficiently and accurately. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Partner support: Assist in onboarding approved partners, communicate Kiva policy to partners and update Kiva on any new Partner developments. Apply critical thinking to help resolve partner queries. Assist with the monthly repayment reporting process and escalate compliance, systems and process issues as needed.
- Partner Operations: Conduct off-site Borrower Verifications (BV) to monitor Field Partners for compliance with Kiva policies. Assess the Kiva-related operations of assigned Field Partners, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and implementing sustainable solutions. Provide training and technical assistance on Kiva systems, processes, and policies to key Field Partner staff members involved in the Kiva workflow.
- Financial Analysis: Input Partner financials and risk metrics into standardized templates, follow up with partners to resolve any issues, and review financial analysis outputs
- Due Diligence: Support due diligence processes of potential investments to help assess prospects’ financial and social performance, and mission fit with Kiva.
- Interest Rate/Borrower Cost Analysis: Assess the total cost of the loan product offered by field partners in comparison with the local and regional markets
- Macro-level Risk Analysis: Conduct a Country/Regional-level risk analysis of the credit industry including the regulatory environment, market saturation and over-indebtedness, currency exchange risk, and current industry trends
- Operations management: Manage and maintain up to date documentation related to Partners in Kiva’s various systems. Maintain a high level of attention to detail in all projects.
- At least 21 years of age or older by January 19th, 2021
- Able to commit to the full 6-months term
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related discipline
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize across competing tasks with an eye to detail
- Flexible, and willing to maintain a dynamic schedule in order to work with people across varying time zones
- Effective while working remotely
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, including the ability to tailor communications to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders, across multiple cultures.
- Tech savvy. High level of proficiency in Microsoft and/or Google Suite office software and adept at learning and using technology platforms. Comfortable learning new technologies
- 1-2+ years of work experience in Investment Management, Lending, Finance, Business Analytics, or a related area
- Training or experience in financial statement analysis is a plus
- French or portuguese language proficiency a bonus
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to move multiple projects forward at once.
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to professional development training and workshops, and regular feedback on your performance.
- Access to Kiva’s global network of Kiva Fellowship and Internship Alumni
- Optional participation in Kiva’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and social activities such as happy hours and coffee chats
- References gladly given for successful participants
- Monthly living stipend
The weekly time commitment for a Kiva Internship is 24-32 hours per week, from January 19th, 2021 – July 30th, 2021. Please make sure you have the availability to commit for the entire internship period before submitting an application.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!