Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Waumini Savings & Credit Co-operative Society Limited is a leading National SACCO with a membership of over 35,000 spread across Kenya.
We are seeking to fill a vacant position of Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Board, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for ensuring that all Sacco operations are in compliance with existing legislations, Sacco Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
S/he will have the overall responsibility to manage the Sacco’s Internal Audit function, providing an independent and objective appraisal of Sacco’s financial, operational and internal control activities.
The position will also provide recommendations for improving these controls and other aspects of the business.
- Formulating and implementing the internal audit strategy to evaluate the Sacco’s operating standards
- Implement annual audit plan
- Review the implementation of the company policies and procedures to assure compliance with policies and procedures, by laws and other laws
- Design and execute internal audit functions in accordance with conventional audit guidelines and best practices
- Develop and implement risk management framework, strategies, policies and procedures
- Assessment of the Sacco’s risks, reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and compliance with operating policies and procedures.
- Liaise with external auditors to enhance efficiency & effectiveness.
- Preparing periodic audit reports for the Board
- Conducting ad-hoc and special audit of systems and financial transactions
- Evaluating the financial and operational procedures of adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems
- Advising the Board on audit, risk and control issues
- Reporting functionally to the audit committee and administratively to the C.E.O
Education and Professional Qualifications
- First degree in Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)
- Knowledge of computerized audit techniques and experience in systems audit
- Member of ICPAK with a current good standing
- At least three (3) years relevant experience, two (2) of which must be in a senior audit position in a financial institution or co-operatives sector.
- Knowledge of credit and lending principles
- Adequate knowledge of Regulatory framework in the financial/Sacco sector will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates MUST submit current curriculum vitae, cover letter addressed to the Chairman, stating present position, current and expected remuneration.
A list of three referees (from current / former employers) should be delivered to the address below on or before Friday, 16/10/2020 to:
Waumini SACCO Society Limited
P.O. Box 66121-00800