Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the work of RECOVER AFRICA program implementation of relief and resilience activities in Kenya, the Senior Programme Officer will:
- Provide country-level operational support to RECOVER AFRICA project implementation, reporting and evaluation
- Provide strategic inputs to income diversification activities, to enable producer farmers to start economic recovery and resilience
- Coordinate with and report to Project Manager, relevant project mechanisms established and in-country partners on resolving key issues and challenges towards the successful implementation of project deliverables
- Serve as a primary organizational focal point for RECOVER AFRICA Project-related issues;
- Oversee the activities of contractors and consultants to ensure the project outputs are achieved;
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project;
- Develop and update monthly work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed project work-plan;
- Organize regular meetings for the project manager to report on work progress, discuss challenges and constraints;
- Ensure strict application of relevant donor financial and administrative rules and regulations.
- Oversee activity implementation against the project plan in close coordination with Head of Region and RECOVER AFRICA Project Manager
- Oversee reporting and communications, providing final review and quality assurance before submission of external reports, updates, and other publications for external audiences;
- In collaboration with RECOVER AFRICA Project Manager ensure spending projections and forecasts, procurement and recruitment plans, and work plans, are all developed and followed;
- Maintain, update, and regularly review RECOVER AFRICA country operational analysis, consolidating inputs from programs and finance
- Develop and regularly review program work plan, projections and spending, and achievements towards targets with technical component leads and finance to ensure timely and quality implementation;
- Ensure effective and coordinated budget monitoring/spending reviews occur on a regular basis, coordinating with finance
- Manage and monitor the project risks as initially identified in the Project Document, submit new risks to RECOVER AFRICA Project Manager for consideration and decision on possible actions if required; update the status of these risks by maintaining the Project Risks Log;
- Prepare Monthly Progress Report (progress against planned activities, update on Risks and Issues, expenditures) and submit the report to COVID 19 Technical Committee
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture or related field
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in agricultural development
- Experience in supporting ethical and sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge of agricultural development and sustainable business practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
- Thematic knowledge and expertise in FTA’s priority areas
- Knowledge and understanding of income diversification strategies and projects
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
Notes: This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievements of the key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review Process.
How to Apply
Please send the applications to email@example.com
The closing date for receiving the application is 15th October 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.