Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Grade : KNTC 3
Reporting to : Managing Director, Board of Directors
Supervises : Principal Legal Officer, Senior Legal Officer, Legal Officers
Working Relationships : Board of Directors, Managing Director, General Managers, Divisional Heads, All staff, External stakeholders.
The incumbent shall be responsible for management of Corporate Legal Affairs, provision of Company Secretarial services and implementation of the Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations. The incumbent will also ensure effective and efficient management of contract administration, company insurance, and compliance with legal and regulatory legislation including provision of legal advice to members of management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing Company Secretarial services to the Board through coordination of preparation of Board agenda and papers by Heads of Departments and Sections and arrangement of Board Committee Meetings;
- Preparing Minutes of the Board in a timely manner and ensuring their circulation
- Keeping custody of the records of the Corporation and the preservation of original documents;
- Advising the Corporation on various legal matters and monitors the compliance of the company with various regulations issued by the Regulatory Bodies;
- Advising the Corporation and coordination with the functional areas in relation to various legal requirements which must be complied with and the legal obstacles which must be overcome in order to obtain the Corporations targeted results;
- Overseeing and managing compliance issues within the Board;
- Ensuring timely compliance with rules and regulations affecting the Board, including the Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Attending to all legal matters of the Corporation including advising, vetting and drafting of legal agreements in relation to the Board’s operations;
- Providing advice to the management of the Corporation on all legal, regulatory and contractual matters affecting the operations, business interest or assets of the Corporation, including industrial matters;
- Ensuring compliance by the Corporation of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements relevant to its business;
- Safeguarding Corporation’s interests and ensure that they are adequately defended before the Courts either through internal legal resource or use of appointed external Corporation lawyers;
- Preparing , vetting negotiating and executing contracts on behalf of the Corporation;
- Nurturing the section competencies and promoting a working environment that optimizes individual and team potential;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements and Corporation statutes and rules to ensure that the Corporation’s interests are protected;
- Interpreting legal documents on behalf of the Corporation and its subsidiaries/affiliates; and
- Keeping track on new legislation and advise the Corporation accordingly.
- Ensuring that divisional staff performance appraisal is conducted
- Preparing and implementing the corruption prevention plan and strategies
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Have at least eight (8) years’ work relevant experience three (3) must have been in management position;
- Have Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Have Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Have been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have a Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than six (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have Passed Certified Public Secretary (K) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and skills:
- Strategic thinking;
- Administrative and Coordination skills;
- Analytical skill;
- Networking and relationship building skills;
- Strong communication ad reporting skills;
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
How to Apply
While applying, interested candidates are also guided to check the KNTC Salary structure in our website address: www.kntc.co.ke/pay-structure
Suitably qualified candidates are hereby called upon to apply in confidence to the address below via Post Office or Hand delivery or via the Email firstname.lastname@example.org latest 9th October, 2020 enclosing cover letter, CV with full details of education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of testimonials, academic certificates and National Identity card.
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
2ND FLOOR, KNTC COMPLEX
OFF NANYUKI ROAD, INDUSTRIAL AREA
PO. BOX 30587 – 00100
All hardcopy applications sent through Post Office or hand delivery MUST be accompanied by a soft copy to email provided above.
KNTC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons including the Youth, Women, Persons with Disability and persons from Minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KNTC does NOT charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.
Previous applicants who wish to be considered are advised to re-apply