Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall purpose of the role:
Based in Kakuma with regular travel to field locations and reporting to the Area Manager, the Communication Assistant will be responsible for providing project and operational support in strengthening overall communication and visibility in Kakuma The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating external communications, documentation, filing, coordinating communications for DRC events and liaising with Area Manager and field teams to ensure timely support to operational locations. He/She will support in disseminating information to Kakuma and Country office staff and will support project delivery.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication / media studies, or a social science related degree.
- Minimum 1-year working experience working in the field of communication (public relations, print and electronic media) with INGOs or media organization
- Solid experience with multidisciplinary teams; Working with colleagues and collaborators of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken). Ability to take good quality pictures and video captions and translate the same into catchy messaging on social media platforms.
- Experience and excellent skills in preparing periodic updates, newsletters, reports
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to adapt to changing program priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities
- Hands-on community mobilization skills
- Experience in working with refugees, internally displaced persons will be an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to the field locations
- Working knowledge of MS Office as well as photo and video-editing applications
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Please remember to upload both a letter of application and your CV and do not attach any written recommendations. Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 14th October, 2020