Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for a dedicated Chief Finance Officer with a commitment to excellence to enhance our financial operations. This position is responsible for advising on the University strategies in order to achieve financial sustainability as well as prudent management of financial resources through continuous review of financial controls.
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER REF: VA/UU/046/2020
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the strategic direction, management, coordination, administration and harmonization of activities of the finance department;
- Analyze and oversee financial policies, procedures, donor reporting as well as recommend to the Vice Chancellor new or revised policies, procedures or programmes when needed;
- Establish and maintain University-wide objectives, policies, procedures, processes and practices to ensure maintenance of sound financial accounting structures;
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the Vice Chancellor in identifying new revenue generating opportunities;
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the University; and
- Fulfilling stewardship responsibilities by ensuring effective compliance and control and responding to ever increasing regulatory developments, including adherence to financial regulations and standards, financial reporting, capital requirements, statutory and tax obligations, legal documents and insurance coverage.
The job holder must possess:
- Masters of Business Administration with Finance option or its equivalent;
- Certified Public Accountant (K) or have equivalent accounting qualification;
- Proficiency in accounting software including Sage ERP
- Experience with donor fund management;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance at a senior management level and five of which must be as a CFO;
- Mature and proactive with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the Chief Executive of an organization;
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control and reporting;
- Thorough understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards and experience in application and enforcement of standards at the workplace; and
- Excellent communication, attention to detail and personnel management skills
How to Apply
Applications, clearly marked“Application for the position of Chief Finance Officer”, must be submitted on or before 16thOctober 2020via email to email@example.com and should be send to the below address.
The Vice Chancellor, Umma University,
P. O. Box: 713 – 01100, Kajiado – Kenya
Kindly quote the reference number indicated above.
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.