Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Managing the Mortuary
- Picks up bodies of deceased patients from the hospital wards and moves them to the Mortuary.
- Prepares bodies, specimens of human organs and the morgue room to assist pathologists in post mortem examinations.
- Lays out surgical instruments and laboratory supplies for post mortem examinations.
- Washes and sterilizes all equipment and replaces soiled linen.
- Prepare preserving solutions according to formula.
- Cleans up morgue area
- Releases bodies for autopsy and embalming and receives them back after such procedures have been conducted.
- Assists pathologist in identifying bodies by through fingerprints or other appropriate means
- Makes bodies presentable for viewing by relatives and friends
- Ensures all bodies are properly stored in their assigned locations
- Ensures the Mortuary, equipment and vehicle are always clean and in a sanitary condition.
- Monitors morgue and signs in visitors, law enforcement and government officials and legal personnel.
- Conducts visitors through the Mortuary and assists them in the identification of bodies.
- Releases body to authorized persons.
Records and Reports on Procurement
- Maintains up to date Mortuary records including preparation of inventories for personal effects accompanying bodies.
- Ensure timely reporting to the supervisor on matters that need attention/information.
- Foster teamwork with staff from other units/departments in the Hospital.
- Ensure compliance with procedures to fulfill any legislative and/or administrative requirements and health and safety measures.
- Identify any risk factors within the unit and take appropriate action to reduce and/or resolve.
Infection and prevention committee
- To prevent and control nosocomial infections through surveillance of nosocomial infections, product evaluation, investigation of infection outbreaks and infection clusters, development of infection control procedures for all departments, staff and patient education, medical waste management, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Level of Education
- Certificate in Mortuary science from a recognized institution is a must
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates familiarity with human anatomy and physiology
- Possesses strength necessary to lift bodies
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity when dealing with families of the deceased
- Must be willing to work odd hours
Relevant Job Experience
- 2 to 3 years in a similar position.
Apply if you meet the minimum requirements.
Applications to be send through email@example.com by close of business 15th October, 2020