Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Segera, Laikipia County
Reporting To: HOD F & B Kitchen
Date: 1st October 2020
Vision and Mission of Segera
Mission – The mission of Segera is to achieve a healthy, holistic balance of conservation, community, culture and commerce leading to the creation of a sustainable, certified Global Ecosphere Retreat Long Run Destination that contributes to the vision of an ecosphere in the healthiest possible state.
Vision – To create and support sustainable, ecologically and socially responsible projects and destinations around the world to achieve long lasting impact and sustainability through the holistic balance of conservation, community, culture and commerce in privately managed areas.
Key Performance Areas
- Preparing vegetables, fruits and other food supplies under instruction of HOD F&B Kitchen or Chef de Parties
- To assist with the successfully management of a section i.e. Fish, Meat, Pastry, Larder
- Ensuring and enforcing the highest standards of hygiene and sanitation within the establishment and the designated area of work.
- To assist in making the F&B Kitchen a profitable department
- Relieve other positions if needed.
- Will be required to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- To apply all principles of cooking within the kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Food production for all food requests and other special requests in accordance with the Segera standard.
- In exceptional situations, to support the department and section, duty hours may be extended until the work is completed and also if the required/delegated work has not been achieved.
- Ensuring proper handling and maintaining of all equipment within the Kitchen and area preparation, thus ensuring the proper up keep of all equipment and the prevention of damage and loss of property.
- The rotation of all perishables on a daily basis, making sure that all containers are properly labeled, wrapped and stored.
- You will be required to carry out extra duties from time to time within the kitchen framework.
- To attend all kitchen and staff meetings.
Key result areas
- Food production should be done to the highest quality and standard of the hotel and the guests’ expectations.
- Ensure that the reputation and image of the food outlet of the hotel be sustained and improved all the time.
- Food service, handling and production should be done to the highest standards thus creating a consistently high quality of standards.
- Maintain an excellent reputation in the eyes of the guest, management and staff.
- To contribute to a contented, challenged and stable brigade.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:-
- ‘O’ Level certificate
- Good communication skills, oral, verbal and written English.
- Sound judgment.
- Service orientated.
- Attention to detail.
- High work standards and ethics.
- Well versed in what they do.
- Team player.
- Humble – not arrogant / over confident.
- Pride in self and assets.
- Certificate from a culinary school will be an added advantage.
Any person willing to be considered for this position is required to submit application letters together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references through email@example.com to reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 9th October 2020.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.