Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
The overall purpose of this job is to create and maintain APIs to ensure efficient flow of data
Key duties and responsibilities
- Understand the application requirements to ensure efficiency in terms of speed, scalability, security and sustainability of applications.
- Document requirements with regard to proof of concept, data flow diagrams among others.
- Document technical requirements and procedures for ease of reference and maintenance.
- Write the code for the APIs to ensure there are no pain points.
- Push the code to a development branch for review.
- Push the code to a staging environment and deployment.
- Maintain and debug the code base.
- Participate in defining the middleware standards in the company for future skills transfer.
- Participate in activities that promote continuous learning and value addition for end users.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Work with Product Managers to frame a problem, both mathematically and within the business context.
- Designing and developing advanced Sendy applications for the backend stack
- Participate in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or other Technology related fields.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in software development and preferably in building APIs
- Solid understanding of the full middleware development cycle
- Proven working experience in software development
- Knowledge of frameworks
- Experience in administering applications
- Ability to discern and apply knowledge
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
- Ability to grow junior & Mid Level engineers to be senior engineers
What we offer
- Health Insurance.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance.
- Office lunch.
- Opportunity for company stock options.