Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GS Kenya was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GS Kenya implements health related projects in Kenya. We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Position: Health Records Information Officer (3months)
Working closely with the Program Manager, the Health Records Information Officer will be responsible for mentoring health workers in various health facilities to maintain service registers, conducting regular data quality assessments activities, ensure accurate and timely facility reports and support facilities to run basic data analysis for decision making. S/he will be required to maintain confidentiality and integrity for the facility data as directed. The incumbent will be based in Baringo.
· Ensure facilities have standard data collection and reporting tools
· Support facility based service providers to update health records and registers in line with national guidelines including the EMR
· Verify data based on MOH defined service standards.
· Support and mentor health workers on data utilization for decision making.
· Responsible for ensuring data quality is maintained.
· Support health workers in conducting regular data quality assurance.
· Actively follow-up facilities to ensure that commonly agreed data management improvement plans are followed and monitored by all parties.
· Provide basic data summaries to facility as required from time to time.
· Support facilities to maintain data confidentiality and security.
· Support facilities to use data for decision making.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Diploma in Statistics/Health Information Systems/Information Technology with at least 4 years work experience in data management systems and experience in use of MOH tools. Experience in training is an added advantage. Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Epi Info, Stata. Good organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where project will have presence, streets neighborhoods, and government offices/facilities. MUST BE A BARINGO LOCAL.
How to apply
Gold Star Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email by sending cover letter and CV (in one folder) to email@example.com. Please quote the job title provided on the subject line while sending your application to be received by 8th October 2020.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.