Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya in its 2017-2022 strategy endeavours to use marketing as a key tool to promote products, services and brands to different audiences. The Marketing & Communications Executive will be a focal point person for maintaining client relations, PR, media relations, marketing and communication strategies and be creative enough to devise promotional literature, undertake advertising, develop artwork and effectively deploy social media to achieve organizational objectives. The Marketing and Communications executive will also be expected to support communications for ongoing projects by TI-Kenya such as the Action for Transparency Project and Shule Yangu Campaign hosted by TI-Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing and Communications Executive will be involved in the roles below pertaining to institutional communication and project initiatives:
Marketing & Communications
- Develop, review and fully implement the marketing and communications strategy and policy. This will be used to influence the public image of TI-Kenya, as well as to ignite passion and support for TI-Kenya’s work from citizens and other key stakeholders. Leading to a stronger connection to the organization and better returns on investment;
- Develop an annual marketing & communications plan in conjunction with the sales teams. This should detail the year’s activities to meet agreed company objectives; develop and execute the Marketing & Communications work plan;
- Management of all Print and Direct Mail campaigns, working in close liaison with relevant staff members regarding format, design, production, fulfilment, data and distribution;
- Develop innovative ICT driven marketing and communication products; and engage in strategic spaces/ forums – both local and international. To this end, TI Kenya must have frequent, timely and media coverage across all available media;
- Managing the entire service and product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Ensuring timely updates at each stage of the cycle;
- Conduct market research to identify market requirements for current and future products and services and pitch the same via available communication channels;
- Direct the development and execution of marketing communications initiatives including product launches, sales collateral, tradeshows, campaigns, social media presence, company website, public relations, internal communication, regulatory communications and corporate events;
- Ensure communication campaigns and programs are aimed at reaching sales targets;
- Manage brand delivery and consistency across all markets for all product lines;
- Actively lead, build and manage partners within the field including graphics designers, corporate communications specialists, media specialists and copy writers to produce high quality publications and materials on time and within budget;
- Determine marketing & communications projects which should be completed internally and externally. Manage relationships with outside vendors as necessary;
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of corporate communications in TI-Kenya. Through personal example, establish the style and approach which meets overall company values and expectations; train staff on the same;
- Ensure timely production and dissemination of advocacy and communication materials. The tasks involve gathering and editing articles, identification and recruitment of writers, commissioning of articles, interviews, printing and dissemination e.g. ADILI newsletter, communication materials such as videos, brochures, fliers, booklets and reports;
- Work with the Administration department to update and maintain TI-Kenya’s mailing list for purposes of disseminating TI-Kenya advocacy materials and communication;
- Plan, organize and mobilize participation in TI Kenya publicity events and serve as the focal point person for all marketing events (integrity talk shows, integrity runs/ walks, public forums, town hall meetings, road shows etc).
- Mobilize the media, regularly update and maintain a database of local and international media contacts and prepare strategic media packs;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key reporters/editors especially those with an interest in anticorruption work and governance issues; ensure constant reporting of TI-Kenya activities and visibility campaigns;
- Assist in the integration of strategic communication approaches to give TI Kenya an edge in the media industry.
Web and Social Media Advocacy
- Develop and implement a social media strategy; Update the strategy to be in line with modern day changes;
- Create relevant content for the website and social media;
- Create and manage all published content (images, video and written materials including IEC materials and reports);
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts on social media;
- Oversee the design, profiles, images, landing pages and other features of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn/YouTube/Blog among others;
- Coordinate design and manage social marketing and advocacy campaigns on the various online platforms of TI-Kenya;
- Compile weekly monitoring metrics on social media reach to inform the impact of TI-Kenya’s online platforms;
- Ensure interaction on social media, engaging in debates and responding to questions from the public where appropriate;
- Monitor and share trends in social media tools, applications, design and strategy.
- Represent TI-Kenya and share experiences with relevant stakeholders and use the opportunity to advocate, promote and maintain partnerships;
- Assist programme partners and clients in development of strategies on advocacy, campaign initiatives and communication. This involves identifying relevant partners/clients, areas of synergies and collective efforts for desired impact on the fight against corruption in Kenya;
- Ensure maintenance of constructive working relations with media, the government of Kenya, civil society, development partners and coordination with TI chapters and affiliates.
Budget management and fundraising:
- Manage the Communications and Marketing budget; deliver all marketing and communications activities within the agreed budget;
- Support conceptualisation and implementation of crowd funding for the organisation;
- Provide support in mapping out potential donors for the organisation.
Catalogue knowledge products
- Keep an inventory of all TI-Kenya knowledge products;
- Work with the sales team to effectively market TI-Kenya’s knowledge products.
Shule Yangu Alliance support
- Communications and Branding
- Social Media and Mass Media Management
- Partnership Building and Coordination
- Map out and mobilize journalists, activists, CSOs and other partners for public forums, events and other outreach activities;
- Manage partnerships to produce high-quality documentaries and other materials.
- Designing and implementation of training programmes for journalists and management of journalists’ grants.
- Ensure powerful and compelling impact documentation including active citizen’s storytelling, reporting and learning, campaign branding and messaging.
Support to A4T project work
- Support communication and publicity efforts of Action for Transparency (A4T) project activities and promotion of media platforms;
- Support media engagements including collaborations with mainstream, freelance and independent media organisations and individual professionals.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Media, PR, Marketing, Communication Studies or related courses from a recognized university;
- Minimum work experience of 5 years with proven skills in;
- Communication and campaigns initiatives.
- Originating and preparing technical written material and layouts for diverse media.
- Marketing & Public relations skills.
- Editing work of other professionally written communications.
- Producing and operating media events, conference and related logistical tasks.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with a high level of creativity and flexibility.
- Previous experience in mainstream media and or governance sector;
- Ability to work across teams bearing in mind unique goals, features and audience of each news output; good understanding of messaging and public positioning; ability to identify newsworthy issues and stories, media opportunities and outlets;
- Business acumen with a strong client, product and service awareness;
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects at one time; demonstrated ability to work in partnerships;
- Good understanding of civil society and networks engaged in advocacy; knowledge of governance related policy issues;
- Creative response to opportunities in projects with integrated media and advocacy plans & actions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse fields and backgrounds;
- Experience with use of computer programmes including MS Office;
- Familiarity with the lands rights, human rights, education and public accountability based advocacy approache
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receiving applications is 16thOctober 2020.**
Please include the reference Marketing & Communications Executive as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.