Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Purpose of The Job
East African Paper Mills is looking for a competent Security Officer who will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior. A security officer must be well-trained in surveillance and dealing with perpetrators. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation. He shall manage and supervise security operations for the group.
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
- In charge of storage and Checking surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful. He will also be responsible for retrieving and storing CCTV Image backups.
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities
- Assist management in developing security policies and documents where appropriate
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
- Be able to present evidence in a court of law on any wrong-doing, theft or violence perpetrated within the premises in case it is needed
- Be playing a supervisory and oversight role by ensuring the internal and external guards perform their work as expected, entrances and exits are secure at all times, all the alarms i.e. the fence and CCTV are functional and in good working conditions at ALL times;
- Carry out internal security investigations into missing products, allegations, establishing the facts for the manager, and deciding whether to involve the police.
- Monitor and report any unusual incidences or security breaches for necessary
- Be in charge of fire systems/alarms and ensure fire extinguishers are always functional; be responsible for organizing fire preparedness drills for all staff periodically to ensure staff awareness in responding appropriately in the event of fire outbreak.
- Renewal of all licenses related to security and safety at workplace.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Security Studies or any other relevant field from a recognized or accredited university;
- Must possess three (3) years’ experience in a similar position;
- Must be knowledgeable on current trends in security matters;
- Must be computer Literate; and
- Possession of relevant additional professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must produce a Valid Police Clearance Certificate
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Familiarity with report writing
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Techno-savvy with experience in surveillance systems is an added advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV quoting the job title (Security Officer) as subject to reach us not later than 10th October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.