Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nairobi, Kenya or Monrovia, Liberia
ICF is seeking a software developer/tier II helpdesk support analyst to support a PEPFAR health information system. The analyst will provide development and technology mission critical health information systems support to our informatics clients. Given the need for timely user support, the position can be located in either Nairobi, Kenya or Monrovia, Liberia and works with a geographically-dispersed team.
- Work on programming and software development tasks under the guidance of the technical lead/solution architect and senior developers on the project
- Collaborate with various stakeholder developers/programmer/testers to develop new features and program enhancements to existing components
- Contribute to technical discussions about systems features/functions/components necessary to continue the build out of foundational elements to facilities data exchange and interoperability
- Assist with the documentation activities to facilitate other third-party developers’ smooth interaction with data components developed
- Troubleshoot technical issues submitted to helpdesk, providing timely responses as described in the service level agreements and standard operating procedures
- Support our client’s informatic initiatives including standing up of vibrant communities of practice, responding to adhoc requests to assist in-country stakeholders to maximize use of client systems and data assets, and supporting ongoing stakeholder self-service activities required to be completed on an annual cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or information technology
- 5+ years’ experience as a programmer/software developer
- 5+ years’ experience programming technology components, troubleshooting user support issues, and testing components
- 3+ years’ programing experience using Python plus at least 1 year programming using one of the following: Java, PHP or .NET
- 2+ years’ experience as a DHIS2 (District Health Information System) developer i.e. not just a DHIS2 user
- 2+ years’ developing Web Services and APIs implementing such as REST, SOAP, JSON, JQuery, XML or XSLT
- Authority to work in Kenya OR Authority to work in Liberia
- Experience working with or in low technology resource environments
- Willingness to travel internationally about 30%
- Interest in and commitment to international development outcomes
- Proficient in the French language
- A strong self-starter especially in self-teaching and exploring new programming languages and technical concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Nairobi, Kenya (KE51)