Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: RO-HERU -51020
Category: Research Health Economics
The research officer will be responsible for 1) Supporting a body of work focused on examining healthcare priority setting in Kenya the broader East African region, 2) Support institutionalization of health technology assessment in Kenya and the East African region, 3) Conduct health technology assessments in collaboration with government
REPORTS TO: PI
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
JOB DIMENSIONS: The primary responsibility will be to coordinate and support a body of work focused on the costing and economic evaluation of healthcare interventions.
For the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU) to:
- Develop research proposals for ethics and scientific review
- Lead the implementation of studies once ethics review has been obtained
- Lead the analysis and write-up of study findings
- Support HERU policy engagement initiatives
- Develop grant applications for funding
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or a health-related subject
- A masters in health Economics
- Experience and skills in health technology assessments (including skills in costing, and cost-effectiveness analysis of healthcare interventions including using modelling approaches such as decision tree and markov models, budget impact analysis, and evidence synthesis).
- Experience and skills in econometrics and its application to the economics of health systems such as equity and efficiency analysis
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills using R and Stata as a minimum
Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a meticulous approach to documentation (including word processing and spreadsheet skills)
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
Field work in selected counties
Willingness to travel throughout the country
Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 20TH OCTOBER 2020
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).