Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for coordinating and managing ICT user support and asset management in the Region of responsibility.
- Define and regularly review incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes and criteria for problem registration to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users and conducting trend analysis.
- Review the unit’s KPIs, procedures and processes to guarantee their relevance as well as ensure continual improvement.
- Direct the Service Desk function to ensure Incident, Problem, and Knowledge Management functions are effectively carried out.
- Manage the asset management process for ICT end user devices by monitoring and maintaining information on all the resources needed to deliver services.
- Facilitate formulation and development of the procedure manual for the service support unit.
- Set performance targets for direct reports and ensure that they are achieved.
- Develop the annual work plan for the Service Support unit.
- Coordinate with the KRA Regional and Station Managers to ensure that ICT services are provided promptly.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Conduct performance management in the unit to ensure that the mutual needs of the staff and Authority are being met.
- Coordinate Corporate initiatives within the unit such as Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other IT related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- IT Governance & Service Level Management i.e. ITIL, COBIT or equivalent
- Microsoft certifications; Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solution Associate(MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The post holder should have at least five (5) years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment in which two (2) should be at First Level Management.
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Knowledge and experience in setup and troubleshooting of Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Proficiency in IT Service Management Systems
- Hands on experience supporting enterprise email systems (server and client) – Domino Lotus Notes, MS Exchange, Microsoft 365
The job holder must:
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of making decisions in complex situations
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Possess good negotiation skills
- Have good business knowledge
Closing Date 19-10-2020