Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for the operation, monitoring, trouble shooting and basic maintenance of HVAC equipment and electrical systems, Data LAN/WAN communications and Data Centre Facilities located within KRA Data Centres.
- Automates the organization wide service monitoring infrastructure that monitors real time events on servers, networks, applications and databases.
- Sets up of tools and procedures for monitoring and continuously adding more KRA systems to service monitoring as they become available.
- Supervise all the ongoing activities in the data centre to ensure security of the facility and systems hosted therein.
- Identifies and defines the monitored components needed for the business services to operate
- Prepare SLAs and AMCs technical requirements for critical Data Centre equipment requiring special vendor expertise support and maintenance.
- Defines monitoring criteria and thresholds for the components needed for the business services to operate
- Sets the monitored components in the monitoring tool
- Performs root cause analysis of problem management with other ICT sections.
- Maintains and updates the quality of scripts used to monitor thresholds and alerts.
- Develops alerts and its escalation procedures based on SLA’s provided by ICT.
- Carries out daily proactive monitoring of all components of KRA Data Centre Systems
- Provision of first line level of technical support to KRA Data Centre Infrastructure and associated accessories.
- Supervises the provision of the day-to-day corrective maintenance and the Bi-annual Preventive maintenance services for KRA Data Centre Infrastructure and its associated hardware in support to users.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or any other IT or Management related Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
The following Certifications is required:
- MCSE, A+, N+
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- Supervisory skills
- IT governance ,ITIL
- CDCP (Certified Data Centre Professional)
- CDCT (Certified Data Centre Technician)
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The Job holder should have at least three (3) years of work experience in a busy IT Data centre environment.
- Demonstrated technical competence in data center facilities, equipment cooling, power, and data communications fundamentals
- Experience in managing data center infrastructure (Network support, cabling, basic server application support, system backups) set-up, configurations, deployment and support.
- Skills in data center documentation tools (rack drawings, etc.);
- Knowledge in Business Continuity services
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Closing Date 19-10-2020