Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for the deployment, monitoring, support and maintenance of corporate Local Area Networks and IP Telephony in the Authority.
- Support and maintains LANs, WANs in the corporate IT infrastructure including IP telephony systems.
- Configuration, troubleshooting and deployment of IT network equipment.
- Works closely with vendors and other network analysts, technicians and system engineers to identify performance issues and schedule updates and patches.
- Works closely with users to define and document requirements.
- Reviews request to implement new or modify existing networks/phone systems and determines whether request warrants a full assessment.
- Develops a needs assessment document identifying skills/resources required to successfully support the system.
- Performs inventory control and fix assets tracking for network equipment and provide extension list to the corporate directory for IP Telephony.
- Engages technical resources and assists technical and project management teams in the development of functional specification documents as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain system configurations documentation, procedure manuals and technical specifications for the telephony system.
- Coordinates network testing and assists users with acceptance testing to ensure product being delivered meets project requirements.
- Follow up and maintain billing information for all the E1 lines and other PSTN connections to ensure accurate and up to date records.
- Coordinate user trainings in regard to the use of the new IP based telephony system.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
The following certifications is required:
- CCNA or CCNP or HCNA or MCSE
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- Supervisory skills
- IT Governance & Service Level Management i.e. ITIL, COBIT or equivalent
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The job holder should have at least three (3) years of work experience in progressive technical experience in a busy IT environment.
- Competence in managing IP telephone networks
- Proven experience to design, install and support an enterprise network infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience in setup and troubleshooting of Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Closing Date 19-10-2020