Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE: REFERRAL NURSE, URBAN REFUGEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAME (URAP)
SUPERVISOR: HEALTH COORDINATOR-URAP
DUTY STATION: URAP STATIONS (HURUMA)
I MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To offer nursing services and effective treatment of Refugees in the facility.
II FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive patients referred from Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps and admission in appropriate health facilities.
- Facilitate referral of urban refugees who need secondary and tertiary health care.
- Receive patients referred by air ambulance from Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps at the airport and facilitate admission to hospital.
- Respond to emergencies from UNHCR, Kangemi accommodation Centre and other partners when need arises.
- Participate in ward rounds in referral hospitals to follow up patient progress.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly summaries of patients attended to.
- Supervision of incentive staff – translators
- Maintenance of ambulance emergency tray and ensure it has updated supplies.
- Ensure that all medical cases at the Accommodation Centre are assessed and recorded. Open files for medical residents. Keep track of treatment received, medication, duration of stay, and other needs at the Centre.
- Make orders for the medical supplies for the Accommodation Centre. Ensure that medical supplies are stored safely, properly utilized and any that are not used are returned to the pharmacy at Huruma.
- Provide nursing care to transit centre residents where necessary e.g. wound dressing
- Any other duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
III JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
At least Form IV – KCSE or equivalent.
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
-Diploma in Nursing
-Registered Nurse by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Experience working in a refugee program will be an added advantage
- Computer Literate.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to work odd hours with minimum supervision.
- Valid practicing license
- Relevant Job Experience
At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on October 12, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.